CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

LEAD US TO A PLACE, GUIDE US WITH YOUR GRACE






lead us to a place, guide us with your grace.... I have been humming this song all day. Last night, I witnessed a beautiful wedding. Wes and Christine were married in Guntersville , and it was simply elegant, simply beautiful. It is always hard for me at weddings. Is it an aging thing, or a woman thing? I mean hard in the sense I always want to cry? why?!! Weddings are celebrations, joyous occasions where there is a joining of families, a new life. But, I guess the gut wrenching part is the leaving. You can't have the wedding without someone having to leave, someone having to grow up! Someone to have to not need you like they once did. I have to say that I know the root of the emotion-the little girl sitting right beside me, and the young boy, my firstborn, sitting shoulder to shoulder with me now on the other side. The base of the emotion was the knowledge that these two children will be leaving one day. Savannah will be that beautiful bride, no longer a little rat, walking down the isle. Peyton will no longer "hover" me as he does now . Instead, he will be walking along side his very own . So, when I hear the beautiful notes playing the Forest Gump Suite, I see my very own children walking down the edge of the ocean in Bethany's wedding, and then years later doing the very same thing to the very same melody in Cristins' wedding. I guess it should not surprise me as we sat and watch Wes and Christines matrimony unfold, the tears would begin to flow as yet again that beautiful song is played. Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace" will be my "prayer" as I try to savor the last few years before they go. BTW...Joseph Whitaker did an outstanding job singing "The Prayer" last night. Just beautiful.

6 comments:

royster family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

My goodness - Savannah looks so grown up in that picture - beautiful!

And I love your new header pic. Is that from your recent family photo shoot? Would love to see more!

Anonymous said...

hey,this is from the recent family pictures! I will put them on here as soon as she gives me a cd. She only sent us a few to give us a "sneak peek". She has been puting them on my facebook but I am having a hard time opening them. Maybe you could try there and see if you can. Savannah is miserable right now! She got her braces on at 8 this morning-i plan to it pics on here soon. Thank you so much for the birthday blog for her! She loved it!

The Blume Family said...

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your sweet comments on our blog. It was great to hear from you. I love finding blogs of different people from Huntsville, because it is really hard to keep up with everything, being so far away. I am not sure that you and I have ever really met, but my parents really appreciate having your husband as their doctor, and I, as their long-distance daughter, do too! Thanks for putting Christine's wedding pictures on here. Margaret and I were great friends in high school. Do you know where I could see more pictures? Well, thanks again for writing to me. Maybe we can meet up when I get back to the states sometime!

Love, Benay

Andy said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! I have thuroughly enjoyed reading your blog this morning as well! God has an awesome way of intertwining lives, even in bloggerland. :) Have a blessed day and please feel free to read/comment anytime!

Tracy Williams said...

I love that picture of your family in the header! That is gorgeous! Who is the photographer?