Monday had to be one of the most beautiful days we have had this whole year. The temp was warm, but not too hot. The wind blew all day. We were blessed to have Clarissa and her 4 wonderful children come and spend the entire day. We swam, ate, swam, talked, had a Scrabble whopin' and talked some more! My camera battery was missing in action or I would have captured it all! Thanks Cox family for a glorious day!
Found my battery that afternoon in the bottom of my purse just in time to make it to the gazebo concert in Big Spring Park. Remember that I told you the weather was beautiful during the day? Well , it got even better in the evening. The thermometer dropped to a lovely 78 degrees and me and my buddie Jen Jen grabbed an old quilt, Stanlieos subs(12 inchers) and darted off to hear the music. When we arrived, the most beautiful celtic music was playing and the breeze was just right! There were over 2,000 people there and we plopped right down in the middle of them! The night was topped off with a 70's and 80's rock band, which brought it all home to funky goodness as they played "Play that Funky Music White Boy" which just happens to be my favorite song. Thanks Jen Jen for being my wild hair, let's get in the car and just go, who gives a rip, friend!
And to my precious son Peyton, who I love very much...Yes, I am going to kill you for putting the pics of me on the blog! But, I can't stay mad too long. YOU make me so proud to be YOUR MOTHER! I love you for saying what you said and you made the most wonderful Monday even more complete!
15 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day! And what sweet, loving kiddos you have - no doubt due to their sweet, loving mom (and dad).
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Thanks for saying that! We can't wait to see you two! Be prapared to eat-the food is coming and it's gonna be good!
Post a Comment